The Arc of Schuyler is one of the largest employers in Schuyler County and an employer of choice for direct support professionals, service coordinators, nurses, drivers, and administrative personnel. We provide progressive tools and supports to our employees to help them Work Smarter, Not Harder. If you have questions, please contact Director of Human Resources, Jennifer Mong at 607.535.6934.
Why The Arc of Schuyler Should Be Your Employer of Choice:
Our employees receive more than 120 hours of paid classroom, on-the-job, and online training within the first 90 days of hire. Thorough training ensures that employees are fully prepared and comfortable with their job responsibilities. Ongoing training occurs on a monthly basis, and opportunities to participate in refresher training, obtain additional certifications, or participate in continued professional development are critical components of our employees’ careers.
Employees have access to and receive training in the use of effective and efficient electronic documentation, reporting, and communication tools. We promote spending more time providing direct support to the people we care about and less time chasing paper. Here are some of the electronic tools we are currently using:
- State of the art computer and software systems, including high speed internet access at all locations and iPads and iPhones in various programs.
- Therap®, a nationally recognized online software system for providers supporting people with developmental disabilities, allows for easy and secure access to and sharing of required reports, notes, and documentation.
- An employee intranet enables employees to access agency news, forms, and resources quickly.
- An online work order system provides an easy way for employees to report and dispatch maintenance and support for building, equipment, vehicle, and computer needs.
- An electronic purchase order system allows staff to easily make and track purchase requests.
- Web-based employee time cards do the math automatically and eliminate paper time sheets.
- Online pay stubs and W-2s allow staff to get information accurately and quickly.
- Web-based medication ordering is easy to complete and facilitates regular door to door pharmacy delivery.
- We also use specially tailored planning and scheduling software for various programs.
Minimal Lift Program - We have a variety of mechanical lifts that are professionally serviced to ensure optimum working order. The lifts provide a safe alternative to manually lifting people who need personal care assistance. Staff receive extensive training and are certified to use each piece of equipment. Since initiating our minimal lift program in 2009, employee back strain and injury reports have been nearly eliminated!
Easy to Drive Mini Vans - Our vans are routinely serviced and cleared by our agency mechanic and Seneca Shine Auto Detailing service. The vans are readily available for assisting people with appointments, recreational outings, home visits, and related business travel. Employees find vans easy to drive and they are equipped with safety alarms.
Our employees always have direct access to a Registered Nurse and Administrator. These trained professionals are always available to answer questions and provide staffing and supervisory supports when needed.